Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I'm just talkin' to Santa
Like any young child, Andrew often asks for toys when we are shopping. Since mid-October or so, my response has been, "You can ask for it for Christmas." Perhaps to make sure he doesn't forget, Andrew will immediately start talking to Santa. "Santa I want ______" and he fills in the blank with whatever is the hot item of the moment. This dialogue with Santa continues during tv commercials, while thumbing through the Fisher Price catalogue, or if we are at a friend's house and he sees a toy he likes. It is somewhat difficult to distinguish Andrew's conversations with Santa with a prayer. Sometimes we'll be driving somewhere and he'll be talking in the backseat. I'll ask, "Andrew, what did you say?" He replies, "I'm just talkin' to Santa Mommy." This morning, I walked into the bonus room (also known in our home as the cars room) and Andrew was again talking to Santa. A commercial for a Barbie style center was just ending. I said, "Andrew, are you asking Santa for the Barbie hair salon?" He responded, "Yes, Mommy. I asked Santa to bring you the hair place so you can fix your hair and make it beautiful."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too much! It was very nice of him to ask for the Barbie hair salon on your behalf
Post a Comment