I think this solidifies our place as characters in the movie "The 'Burbs."
There is an empty lot next to our house and a house being built next to the lot. The house is framed. The workers have had a fire outside each day. I haven't complained as it has been cold. Today (when it's 53 degrees), they had 7 (yes 7) small fires outside this house. Our house wasn't in danger, but some of the fires were large and quite close to the house under construction. I think the workers were trying to burn trash and scrap wood. Andrew looked out the window and started shouting "Fire! Fire!" The fires were getting out of control. Thom is reading files today at home; he heard Andrew screaming and came downstairs. We called the fire marshal and Thom called the builder. (I'm just glad Thom was home as I don't think he would have believed me. Katie Ann was at class and came home after the drama. She doesn't believe us.)
Here's a photo of the conversation that eventually took place outside. The fires are now gone. And there is only one worker left at the house right now. Thom likes the photo that shows the fire marshal's vehicle (red suburban). We are SO Tom Hanks and Carrie Fisher in "The 'Burbs." Andrew said, "I think the firemen sent the workers to think time."
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment