Here are some highlights:
Saturday, April 24, 2010 - James and Patrick's first swim lesson
James and Patrick had their first swim lesson at Sea Star! With two toddlers, this means two adults in the water. Thom was teaching so Katie Ann hopped in the pool! Usually, James is our more adventuresome twin, but Patrick took to the water more quickly. All in all, they both enjoyed it. Andrew was really proud of them! James has a green "warm belly" swimsuit (keeps kiddos warm in the pool) and Patrick's is blue.
Saturday, April 17, 2010 - Liver Life Walk
Thank you again for your generous support of Andrew's participation in the Nashville Liver Life Walk! Andrew, James, Patrick, and I completed the walk on April 17. It was a really special day. His friend and classmate Lucy Scherba was recognized as the "LIVEr Champion" and our team (Team Lucy Boo) got to start the walk! Everyone on Team Lucy Boo wore a purple scarf to show our support. We are really excited to support Lucy and her family and Aunt Anne who had a liver transplant last year. Andrew raised $385! You can check out the team's page too.
Funny sidenote -- the walk was held at Percy Warner Park in Nashville. I didn't realize how BIG this park was - we had a little trouble finding the right entrance (the park spans almost 3,000 acres and there are 7 entrances). We found the right entrance and made our way to the grass parking lot. From the parking lot, we off-roaded about a third of a mile to the start. That was great fun with the double stroller. Then we started the walk! The walk was quite hilly. Very. I seriously was parallel to the ground at times pushing the stroller. Then we would go downhill and I would clutch the stroller for fear James and Patrick would roll away. We were quite a sight to be had, I'm sure. There was a clip of me doing some of my "parallel strolling" on the news and I've added one of the photos from the flickr album posted by the walk coordinators to our album. Katie Ann couldn't stop laughing when she saw the news. All in all, it was a great day. Andrew was really excited to help his friend!







No comments:
Post a Comment