Thursday, February 11, 2010

Other fun stuff I forgot to mention

We watched the Super Bowl on Sunday night.  We cheered for the Colts, but were happy for Drew Brees (Boilermaker and Mortar Board member!) and the New Orleans Saints.  Here are some photos of James and Patrick getting ready for the big game. 

Many ask, "How do you tell them apart?"  That's a very good question.  James still has a scar on his upper left arm (from the in-utero surgery for twin-to-twin transfusion).  So if it's bathtime (or I'm desperate), I can check that.  In photos, I try to make sure Patrick is always on the right (a tip from our pediatrician who is the mother of fraternal twin boys).  Patrick always have a blue pacifier while James always has green.  For clothes, Patrick will usually have more blue on and less of a pattern.  Their cries sound different and their personalities are different.  Patrick is more easygoing.  Their cribs are next to each other (lengthwise -- the end of one touches the head of the other).  They usually end up sleeping head-to-head.  They will reach through the crib slats to touch each other.  We caught James this week reaching through the slats into Patrick's crib to take little toys!  Sneaky baby!

Today, while Andrew was at preschool, James climbed into his red chair.  James was SO proud of himself.  Patrick cheered him on! 

In other funny Andrew news, Andrew asked me this week, "How do you get to heaven?  Do you take a plane?"  I tried to explain about being a good boy and doing nice things for others.  Andrew said, "I think you need a ticket Mommy."  Hmmm....


2 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

James looks SO proud of himself for climbing into Andrew's chair! They are just growing and doing new stuff by leaps and bounds.

Nichole Fisher said...

BTW - as a mother of identical twin boys and an on-the-go three year old, you definitely get a ticket :)